Planning Your Event With Indaba Hotel
Planning an event at our Johannesburg hotel is easy thanks to the resources at hand as well as our qualified and experienced staff. Whether you're looking for a party venue in Johannesburg, a conference facility or somewhere to hold a corporate team building event, we can assist you.
The Indaba Hotel is also one of the most popular wedding venues in Gauteng. So if you're looking for a venue and help planning your special day, you're in for a treat
- Choose the date (and a backup) for your event.
- Decide how many people you want to invite. Once these two basic questions have been answered then you need to contact the professional coordinators at the Indaba Hotel who will check availability for you. The coordinator will send you a booking sheet - make a provisional booking before you lose the date.
- Decide what type of event you would like to host - casual, smart casual or formal.
- Decide on whether you are you going to theme the event?
Your coordinator will send you a quote with a variety of menu options - have a look at these and decide which one is perfect for you. If you want to make some changes, give them to your coordinator who will communicate your suggestions to the chef, who will investigate whether they are feasible.
- Meet your Johannesburg event coordinator.
It is a good idea to come to the Hotel to view the menu and meet with your coordinator. You are going to be chatting regularly on your event and it is always nice to have a face to put to the name. She will also be able to advise you on our preferred suppliers such as decor, entertainment, flowers and so on.
- Dotting your Is and Crossing Your Ts.
Remember to read the terms and conditions on your contract clearly and adhere to them. If you are unsure of something or have any queries it is best to contact your coordinator to discuss these with her. It is also important that your contract is signed in time.
- The Finer Details
Now you need to start filling in the details for us (we can assist with any queries you may have). The details we require to plan your Johannesburg event include:
- The Big Day You will meet your banqueting manager on the day of the function. He will ensure that your venue is setup to your specifications and that all runs according to plan with as few hiccups as possible. He will see you right through till the end - until the last guest leaves.
PARTIAL CASH BAR - some items such as beer, wine and soft drinks are for the master account and spirits,shooters, etc. are for cash. Is there a limit
Flowers - are you having flowers? Where are they going to be place (tables, entrances, etc.)? Who are you using to do these? Entertainment - who is your entertainment? What are their requirements? For example if you are going to require staging, remember that the bigger the stage, the smaller the setting room for your guests. Signatories - who will be at the event who is allowed to sign to the Master Account? Setting arrangements - if you are having a formal setting plan, remember to let your coordinator know how many seats are required at each table so that our Banqueting department can set your room up correctly.